March 21, 2007

Upgrades!

What is it about us, that makes us want to make things better?
Is it a matter of keeping up with 'the joneses', or necessity?

We have Windows and all the security programs on our computer telling us to "stay updated" with its security and version updates. New version this, free upgrade that.

I was thinking about posting some pictures here, of some recent trips around NZ and Oz. I was thinking that I haven't spent much time at his blog, and it's be nice to let you know whats up in my life.. after all, Google Analytics (the upgrade of Urchin) is my new stats software. I upgraded. It tells me that I still have a lot of visitors, so yes, it would be a worthwhile thing to put up some pictures, and tell a few yarns.

From there, I thought, we'll I'd better offer you something fresh - just to let you know that I AM still functioning as a person and transparent in receiving information and pouring my painted opinion of it here on the blog. So, methinks trying to figure out how to integrate a picture viewer using Flash, would somehow impress upon your good self.

Where to start? Well, I'm already with Google, and I know they have Picasa. I've previously not favoured this product (too unnecessarily difficult basket), but should I try it again?

The other day, a friend sent me a link to a 'picasa web album', with pictures from her wedding. I was there. It was a lovely day, and I got to see some funny photos by some of the new faces I met there. Picasa worked. It gave me ease of use, so I was focussing on the event, rather than the interface. When you're able to forget the catalyst, it's a sure sign the product works well.

Should I upgrade and sign up for a Picasa album? If I already shared a lot of photos with you fine readers, then yes. Truth is, I don't do that very often - or at all... so I won't. To be honest, the process is easy enough already to display a single image here. I could say, upload 5 pictures, pop in my captions and be happy with my contribution. You'd also be happy that I haven't swamped you with stuff you don't want to see, nor wait on it downloading, or surf off to web-links that may subject you to more hassle than it's worth.

There's an upside to upgrades, but I think it's also important to know what's necessary and what works. Perhaps that's the attitude of those using a Linux OS?

Are we improving our life, evolving, or just upgrading for the sake of tomorrow?

oh - by the way, the new Playstation 3 is out.. are you getting two of 'em?

No comments: