November 27, 2007

Vehicle Entertainment Systems

Forget iPod docks, forget in-car AM/FM stereo systems, police scanners, heated seating, dashboard internet, WiFi, or gaming consoles in the back seat!

I want the simplest in-car entertainment system that is both easy to learn, easy to use, and most of all - is interesting and keeps me entertained. What is it?

A megaphone.

Recently, I was in traffic and, for lack of a better word, a MORON performed a very elaborate swerving routine between not only myself, but at least a dozen other vehicles in peak hour traffic. It was a really stupid thing to do in front of all of us. Sitting there shaking my head, I could read the lips of every other driver.. something along like lines of "you f-wit", or "I have a child in this car" or "i'm calling the cops".

Can you see where I'm going with this?

My megaphone would become so very useful as a public shaming device, in events like this. I hope to cheer up my fellow drivers by alerting clowns, bozos, morons and f-wits of their behaviour, by simply reading out their number plate at full volume.

Other great worthy mentionables may be:
  • "ANOTHER WINNER"
  • "TODAYS ASS OF THE DAY GOES TO THE DRIVER IN THE REMUERA TRACTOR WHO HAS NO IDEA HOW TO INDICATE"
  • "SOUND YOUR HORN IF YOU'VE JUST WITNESSED A COMPLETE WANKER IN ACTION"
Santa - I want a megaphone.

No comments: