April 20, 2004

Sliding Doors

These are those funny little moments in life, when on reflection you think "BUGGER! I should have!!"
Not regrets, but those times on when your life could have gone like that movie Sliding Doors.

I was taking the bus after work, and we were coming into Newmarket, the driver slammed on the brakes to stop for some girl wanting to know something or another. A 3 second conversation passed, he shut the doors and we drove off. I looked out the window to see who it was as my window passed her, and let me just say - I should have got off at the next stop and run back up the hill, and offer her lunch!

She was exactly the type of girl I'm looking for, and vrooom, there she went. Perfect eyes, perfect height, great smile and certainly not afraid of the Auckland buses! I thought about it all the way to my stop some 20 minutes later.

Any Sliding Doors moments you'd like to think about?

2 comments:

Writer Of The Purple Sage said...

Ah, the unplanned unexplainable twists of fate! And now you're a happily-married man with two kids...who'd have thunk it, eh?
:-)

Richard said...

haha too true! Feels weird to read these old posts of a life previous.