August 10, 2006

Pleased to meet you

At lunch today, I picked up some fish and chips (the best of NZ), some Ginger Beer (best of Oz) and parked my ass at one of those small reserves in Ponsonby. They are scattered all over the place, between parallel running roads all across the inner city.

It was very pleasant. Sometimes you need to clear your head from work and just zone out, and when I was opening the wrapping of my fish burger & chips, I spotted a small character in the corner of my eye.

A cute little cat named "Shadow" was sitting in the grass looking at me. I glanced over and there was that unspoken moment where somehow I communicated to the cat that "yep, alright then, come over. I'll pat you. Its safe".

Shadow likely lives on Douglas Street or maybe Fitzroy Street, and as you can tell by the picture, he is a very cute cat! Say "Hi" if you ever bump into him.

Aneiki - Pleased To Meet You ogg/1.8Mb/2001
Sam Cooke - Wonderful World ogg/537kb/1960 (mono)
Fleetwood Mac - Albatross ogg/1.2Mb/1968

No comments: