January 12, 2005

2004 Q&A

A nice little Cut n Paster I found over at Farrars.
Select, copy, paste, delete his answers and provide mine. Nice.

What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Took a life changing risk.

Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes. Mine was to support underdogs, and eject clingers from my list of associates.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My Brother and his Wife had a beautiful baby girl, and she smiles every time she sees me.

Did anyone close to you die?
No, but my cat of 17 years passed on.

What countries did you visit?
Germany visited me.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Money. 2004 was my lowest earner ever.

What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I guess December 26, because of the continuing coverage and impact of the Tsunami. Although the date eludes me, the day that Saddam was captured was a great day.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I went into business. A dream for a long time finally comes true.

What was your biggest failure?
I had no major failures in 2004 - seriously. The biggest would be something like failing to trim the hedge after promising to do it.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only the flu mid year.

What was the best thing you bought?
A portable USB drive.

Whose behavior merited celebration?

A very close friend who I will not name here, whom spent 6 months fixing themselves by facing their demons. That, and the admission by Jon Toogood about Pacifier.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
One of my former bosses.

Where did most of your money go?
Good question. I wish I could answer that.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Becoming an Uncle, and being a best man!

What song will always remind you of 2004?
Vertigo by U2

Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier
ii. Thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. Richer or poorer? poorer

What do you wish you’d done more of?

Keeping active in my social circles.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating, although upon reflection, I did need the break.

How did you spend Christmas?
With family and friends, probably much like everyone else. Actually got into some mischief on Xmas night which was highly entertaining.

Did you fall in love in 2004?
Love, no.

How many one-night stands?
None

What was your favorite TV program?
24 without question. Eating Media Lunch is always good too.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I hate no-one. I prefer to remove them from my life by exiting the circle of people that are connected to them, no matter how nice they are. Life is far more enjoyable when you don't have to tip-toe around conflicts.

What was the best book you read?
I don't read books. Never have.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
1979 to 1983 in 1994.

What did you want and get?
A new car, loyal friends and inner happiness.

What did you want and not get?
Quality time with distant friends.

What was your favorite film of this year?
See the post titled Mile Eye - my favs are there.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
That was exactly a year ago. I did the same this year, a nice meal with the family. I was 25 last year, and 27 this year.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If Kerry won, and if all of these charity concerts currently underway for Tsunami relief were also done to aid Iraq out of war. Yusef Islam could have dug up his guitar for the cause, surely.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

A major improvement. Its no longer 1998.

What kept you sane?
badminton, food variety and of course - writing this blog.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Rachel Bilson (Summer from the OC).

What political issue stirred you the most?
Destiny church's protest of the Civil Union Bill.

Who did you miss?
One measly trip to Hamilton in 2004 to cram catchup with old friends. I miss them all, and really should visit more often - they hate Auckland.

Who was the best new person you met?
Harold Russ - teacher @ Kings College.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Leave it a day.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Are you gonna go my way?

No comments: