September 10, 2005

Thoughts about 9/11

If you were a victim of 9/11 - my heartfelt condolences to you, all the way from little wee Auckland in New Zealand. A guy a 1/4 the way around the world sends his admiration on how much stronger you have become as a person.

How much more aware of terrorism you have become and I applaud any action you have taken against terrorism. A donation to any fund that had anything to do with supporting other victims of 9/11, or placing an american flag in your yard or a small one on top of your christmas tree. I am proud of you for staying strong, and impressed with how you have managed to move forward with your life. How you console with your old and new friends on days like today about the tragedy.

The mixed feelings of hurt, dumbfoundedness, anger, and admiration for those who saved lives but their own on 9/11/01, must sometimes be an unbearable potion to lump.

From my office in Auckland, New Zealand - I wish you all my warmest feelings of comfort. I am nobody, but somebody who wanted to let you know that there are a lot of nobodies who are all thinking of you today.

Richard Phelps

No comments: