March 15, 2006

Running

At what age do we stop running to get anywhere?

I remember as a kid, I would run to the shop, run to school, run over to my friends house, run to the tv on saturday mornings, then running to the toilet.
These days, I do not see anyone running, except for fitness purposes or because they're late (or running to the toilet).

Is running too dangerous around the office? Probably.
Is running not fashionable? If you work around Ponsonby Road wearing a suit.
Is running as an option, not an option anymore?

Poor Forrest Gump ran for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours.

Collective Soul - Run ogg/1.8Mb/1998
Jackson Browne - Running On Empty ogg/2Mb/1978
*get oggs before March 22, 2006

1 comment:

Mark Desmet said...

I am 42 years old. I run in the office to this day, as we have wide hallways and a mission. It would be weird if all of us did, but motivation in the workplace is a funny thing.